From: Aardvark on
Hi Guys, I have a question on this too. I followed tha instructions in the
given article, and it works as described, but I have the following problems:
I have my drop-down values in cells in a separate workshhet, each range
having a name.
The code .ListFillRange = ws.Range(str).Address doesn't work in this case.
It only seems to work if the cell ranges containing the drop down list values
are on the same sheet as the drop down list associated with them. How do I
get around this, without having to move my lists?
Also, I have a drop down list containing the characters '1', '2', '3' and
'4' in cells formatted as 'General'. (These are on the same sheet as the drop
down list). Depending on which is selected, I'm using code to change the
internal colour of a selection of cells to aid data input by the user.
When a combobox is employed as per the instuctions given in the link, the
cell is populated with a '1', but Excel complains that this is text. Only
when I convert the contents of the cell to 'number', does my code continue to
work.
How do I get the combobox to place a 1-4 into the cell, in the same way that
the normal drop down list does? Even using the code to check for 1 Or "1"
doesn't work, nor does CStr(Range("$E$12").Value) = "1".
Any ideas?!