From: Woofdog on

"A. Deguza" <deguza(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All:
>
> On my new Epson V330, I am not able to change the dimensions of a
> slide to be able to scan square ones (I guess they would be
> 35mmx35mm).
>
> The field where I can change the dimension reverts back to the default
> rectangular values. The vaule I enter does not stick.
>
> Any solutions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Deguza

On my V700, I disable the thumbnail view and prescan the slides, then use
the marquee tool to select the exact area I wish to scan

Eddie

From: A. Deguza on
On May 13, 4:18 am, "Woofdog" <woof...(a)kennel.com.au> wrote:
> "A. Deguza" <deg...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello All:
>
> > On my new Epson V330, I am not able to change the dimensions of a
> > slide to be able to scan square ones (I guess they would be
> > 35mmx35mm).
>
> > The field where I can change the dimension reverts back to the default
> > rectangular values. The vaule I enter does not stick.
>
> > Any solutions?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Deguza
>
> On my V700, I disable the thumbnail view and prescan the slides, then use
> the marquee tool to select the exact area I wish to scan
>
> Eddie

I tried this. It still gets me a narrower width then what I need. I
asked Epson and what they suggested does not work either -- which is I
think what yo are recommending.

Here is what they said:

" ... scanning in the professional mode of Epson Scan, then using the
marquee tool to scan your slides. Remember to click the "All" button
so you can scan all of the slides at one time.scanning in the

From: Woofdog on

Here is what they said:

" ... scanning in the professional mode of Epson Scan, then using the
marquee tool to scan your slides. Remember to click the "All" button
so you can scan all of the slides at one time.scanning in the
professional mode of Epson Scan, then using the marquee tool to scan
your slides. Remember to click the "All" button so you can scan all of
the slides at one time."

No, not ALL, one at a time, then it works. Disable thumbnails.

Eddie

Deguza