From: Plamen Ratchev on
This will not work because the key is the email column. Using EXCEPT
can potentially insert rows with duplicate emails if any other column
differs. MERGE would be a better option on SQL Server 2008, but here
the requirement is SQL Server 2005.

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com
From: --CELKO-- on
>> This will not work because the key is the email column. <<

We don't have any DDL, so I don't know what the key is. I have the
horrible feeling it is the vague, generic "id" which might be an
IDENTITY column (ugh)!

>> Using EXCEPT can potentially insert rows with duplicate emails if any other column differs. <<

But then they are not duplicates :)

>> MERGE would be a better option on SQL Server 2008, but here the requirement is SQL Server 2005. <<

Agreed.
From: Tony Rogerson on
The poster stated EMAIL hence Plamen comment no doubt.

--ROGGIE--

From: Geniusinuse on
Deberías investigar el UPSERT o MERGE, en el cual se utiliza una tabla
temporal o derived table en la cual insertas
los registros y efectúas un JOIN, lo que cruza es UPDATE, lo que es nuevo
INSERT.

Esto te ayuda?

Saludos

noticias:a9e73e845f9a6(a)uwe...