From: Cecil Westerhof on
I have a camera which uses a xD-card. I put a label on it with:
mkfs.vfat -F 16 -n Camera /dev/sde1

In /etc/fstab I put:
LABEL=Camera /camera vfat noauto,user 0 0

So I can mount it with:
mount /camera

The only problem is that when I insert the card I get a pop-up asking me
what to do with Camera. Because I want to use mount to attach the device
(and the action does not work anymore), I would like not to get the
pop-up. Is it possible to circumvent it?

I openSUSE 11.2 with KDE.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer
From: Eef Hartman on
Cecil Westerhof <Cecil(a)decebal.nl> wrote:
> The only problem is that when I insert the card I get a pop-up asking me
> what to do with Camera. Because I want to use mount to attach the device
> (and the action does not work anymore), I would like not to get the
> pop-up. Is it possible to circumvent it?
>
> I openSUSE 11.2 with KDE.

Caveat: I'm not using KDE4, but in KDE3/Konqueror you could tick
a "always do this iaction for this device" in the pop-up and when you
then dismissed it with "Do Nothing" it wouldn't come back anymore.
** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman(a)tudelft.nl - phone: +31-15-278 82525 **
From: Cecil Westerhof on
Eef Hartman <E.J.M.Hartman(a)tudelft.nl> writes:

> Cecil Westerhof <Cecil(a)decebal.nl> wrote:
>> The only problem is that when I insert the card I get a pop-up asking me
>> what to do with Camera. Because I want to use mount to attach the device
>> (and the action does not work anymore), I would like not to get the
>> pop-up. Is it possible to circumvent it?
>>
>> I openSUSE 11.2 with KDE.
>
> Caveat: I'm not using KDE4, but in KDE3/Konqueror you could tick
> a "always do this iaction for this device" in the pop-up and when you
> then dismissed it with "Do Nothing" it wouldn't come back anymore.

I am using KDE4.3.5 and that does not have this tick. :-{

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Pages: 1