From: Timothy Madden on
Hello

Is there a way for me to create a Slackware DVD that I compiled from
sources with my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, that I could then install Slackware
from, so I would have all my OS compiled for my CPU ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden
From: Mikhail Zotov on
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:47:13 +0300
Timothy Madden <terminatorul(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there a way for me to create a Slackware DVD that I compiled from
> sources with my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, that I could then install
> Slackware from, so I would have all my OS compiled for my CPU ?

Yes.

--
Mikhail ;-)

From: Dan C on
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:47:13 +0300, Timothy Madden wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there a way for me to create a Slackware DVD that I compiled from
> sources with my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, that I could then install Slackware
> from, so I would have all my OS compiled for my CPU ?

Sure. The entire source is available from any Slack mirror.

Get started.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he strafed the lifeboats.
From: William Hunt on
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Dan C wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:47:13 +0300, Timothy Madden wrote:
> > Is there a way for me to create a Slackware DVD that I compiled from
> > sources with my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, that I could then install Slackware
> > from, so I would have all my OS compiled for my CPU ?
>
> Sure. The entire source is available from any Slack mirror.
> Get started.

.... by looking in ./source/*.tar.gz and studying the SlackBuild
scripts, about 240 or so. maybe compare the standard base
against a 64 bit version for more clue. That's just the start
of it, Common oppinion seems to be that any benefit gained is
outweighed by the effort required.

Good Luck, HTH
--
William Hunt, Portland Oregon USA
From: Timothy Madden on
William Hunt wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Dan C wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:47:13 +0300, Timothy Madden wrote:
>>> Is there a way for me to create a Slackware DVD that I compiled from
>>> sources with my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, that I could then install Slackware
>>> from, so I would have all my OS compiled for my CPU ?
>> Sure. The entire source is available from any Slack mirror.
>> Get started.
>
> ... by looking in ./source/*.tar.gz and studying the SlackBuild
> scripts, about 240 or so. maybe compare the standard base
> against a 64 bit version for more clue. That's just the start
> of it, Common oppinion seems to be that any benefit gained is
> outweighed by the effort required.

Is there a script to compile all packages with one command ?

Ok I know compiling the kernel is not configured with CFLAGS, but I
already have the kernel compiled, so what I want is to compile all the
other packages.

Thank you,
Timothy Madden