From: Richard Maine on
Harald Anlauf <anlauf.2008(a)arcor.de> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 10:09 pm, Berfux <ber...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > In g95 (with option -Wall) I got two warnings :
> >
> > x = z
> > 1
> > Warning (140): Implicit conversion at (1) may cause precision loss
>
> The warning are correct.

Eh? How so? I can imagine no way in which that would happen for the code
shown. This is a conversion from single precision complex to single
precision real. Those are both the same precision; no way you are going
to get precision loss. Of course, you "lose" the complex part, but that
isn't the same thing as precision. If that's what the message is trying
to imply, it is very misleading.

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain