From: Woody on
Thank you, Mike, Arjen and Richard for your explanations. I did
finally get my code to compile and build without errors. Of course,
next it wouldn't load for execution, but that's not a Fortran problem
(I fixed that, too).

One point of confusion was that I created the module containing only
the interfaces because I didn't want to have the interface code in
more than one place. I resolved this by changing the interfaces from a
module to code that was INCLUDEd in the appropriate places.

I see from what you said that interfaces are often unnecessary when
pgm units are in modules. In fact, I use my Fortran compiler's
"generate interface" function to avoid having to copy the declarations
into an interface block.

PS My copy of "fortran 95/2003 explained" is almost worn out, from
explaining.