From: pavell on
Question:
"I have a Sony HDR-SR5, or some other AVCHD camcorders such as Canon HF11, JVC GZ-HD10, Panasonic HDC-SD5, etc, but I failed to import the video files copied from my camcorder in the format of .mts or .m2ts for playback on my new iPad, is there anyone can give me some suggestions, I'm using Mac Snow Leopard."

Answer:
Well, firstly I should tell you that most portable devices cannot read .mts or .m2ts files directly, if you want to play them on your mobile devices like iPad, iPhone, etc. without trouble, you have to convert them into their acceptable format like MP4 video. This article aims to tell you how to convert AVCHD M2TS or MTS to iPad, iPhone, etc. compatible formats with iFunia iPad Video Converter for Mac. If you are an above question asker, please read on the following step-by-step guide at will..

Step 1. Download the program and Add AVCHD M2TS or MTS files
Download the program iFunia iPad Video Converter for Mac and run it. Then click the "Add" button to add M2TS or MTS video files to the iPad mac converter. This MTS to iPad video converter for Mac supports drag-drop and batch conversion, so you can import and convert several multimedia files at a time.

Step 2. Select iPad output format
Use the "Convert to" on the bottom of the window to control the output format. Select iPad MPEG4(MP4) output format for each video file and specify a directory on your computer to save the output files.

Step 3. Start AVCHD M2TS/MTS to iPad conversion
Click "Start" to begin AVCHD M2TS/MTS to iPad video conversion. The convert progress bar shows you how much of the encoding is completed.

Note:
This AVCHD M2TS/MTS to iPad Video Converter for Mac fully supports Mac OS X 10.5 or later, it allows you to manually set video resolution, bite rate, codec and frame rate to get perfect output videos, as well as editing the VOB video files by trimming, cropping and adding special effects and watermarks.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access.forms
From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:24:45 -0700, pavell <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote:

>Question:
>"I have a Sony HDR-SR5, or some other AVCHD camcorders such as Canon HF11, JVC GZ-HD10, Panasonic HDC-SD5, etc, but I failed to import the video files copied from my camcorder in the format of .mts or .m2ts for playback on my new iPad, is there anyone can give me some suggestions, I'm using Mac Snow Leopard."

This question clearly has nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft Access
Forms, the subject of this forum. Please take your question to a more
appropriate venue.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: pavell on
Releated links:
ifunia.com/avchd-converter-mac.html

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access.forms/How-to-convert-AVCHD-M2TS-MTS-to-iPad-on-Mac
From: oposky2006 on
After many tests by myself, there is a converter called Pavtube MTS Converter
for Mac is very excellent in converting MTS to other regular formats like
AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, and etc. Furthermore, this converter features built-in
codec which will not install any codec on your computer in order to avoid the
unexpected codec issues.
Certainly, you needn't worry about its export video/audio quality, as it
utilizes unique audio and video sync tech.
Besides, it can offer optimal presets for iPad.
The format presets are as following:
iPad HD Video(*.mp4)
Video:
Codec: h.264