From: Mihai N. on
> How can I convert const char * to wchar_t?
> Example: char *argv[] is my array and i want it to pass to different
> file which accept only WCHAR **argv where WCHAR is defined as typedef
> wchar_t WCHAR

Some good answers already.
But since you mention *argv[], I would guess that comes from main.
So, why not get directly Unicode in main?
wmain to always get wchar_t, _tmain for generic text data types

--
Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Visual C++]
http://www.mihai-nita.net

From: David Wilkinson on
Manni wrote:
> Hi ...
> How can I convert const char * to wchar_t?
> Example: char *argv[] is my array and i want it to pass to different
> file which accept only WCHAR **argv where WCHAR is defined as typedef
> wchar_t WCHAR

Manni:

The first thing to ask yourself is why you want to do this.

As a rule, programs should be written either entirely using 8-bit characters
(char in C++) or 16-bit characters (wchar_t in C++). The latter is preferred in
modern Windows programming because the native character set of Windows
NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/.. is UTF-16.

If you want a program that will compile for either 8-bit or 16-bit characters
then you can use TCHAR.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP