From: The Natural Philosopher on
John Thompson wrote:
> On 2010-06-07, John Doe <jdoe(a)usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
>
>> That bullshit is a good example of what you get in a Linux help
>> group, instead of just admitting failure. Linux is the holy grail
>> of operating systems, always has been (for decades) and always
>> will be.
>
> I have had only one formal computer class in my life: a semester of
> FORTRAN in 1972. Yet somehow I have managed to figure out how to un-tar
> a tarball and run "./configure&&make&&make install" to compile from
> source in linux.

Hey,me too, except it was 1969..

I think my hardest moment with a computer was when I typed in line for
line a sample of Z80 assembler code from the manual.

And it wouldn't assemble.

It took me a day and a half to figure out the assembler didn't like it
all indented three spaces, like it was in the book. :-)

Today's kids are just spoilt. And whiny.
From: RayLopez99 on
On Jun 8, 6:08 am, John Thompson <j...(a)stolat.os2.dhs.org> wrote:

> I have had only one formal computer class in my life: a semester of
> FORTRAN in 1972. Yet somehow I have managed to figure out how to un-tar
> a tarball and run "./configure&&make&&make install" to compile from
> source in linux.

But according to your Linux friends JT you don't need to do
that...just turn on the machine after installing the card they
say...we'll see.

RL
From: RayLopez99 on
On Jun 8, 10:14 am, The Natural Philosopher <t...(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

> I think my hardest moment with a computer was when I typed in line for
> line a sample of Z80 assembler code  from the manual.
>
> And it wouldn't assemble.
>
> It took me a day and a half to figure out the assembler didn't like it
> all indented three spaces, like it was in the book. :-)
>
> Today's kids are just spoilt. And whiny.

Wow grandpa--walking through all that snow to get to skool?

And dumb as ever. You learned about whitespaces? That's what you
lerned while in kollege?

Dumb and dumber. You and Linux go together.

RL
From: The Natural Philosopher on
RayLopez99 wrote:
> On Jun 8, 10:14 am, The Natural Philosopher <t...(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> I think my hardest moment with a computer was when I typed in line for
>> line a sample of Z80 assembler code from the manual.
>>
>> And it wouldn't assemble.
>>
>> It took me a day and a half to figure out the assembler didn't like it
>> all indented three spaces, like it was in the book. :-)
>>
>> Today's kids are just spoilt. And whiny.
>
> Wow grandpa--walking through all that snow to get to skool?

yes..I did as it happens.

> And dumb as ever. You learned about whitespaces? That's what you
> lerned while in kollege?

No. Its what I learnt in a far away country.

> Dumb and dumber. You and Linux go together.

sweet little brat aren't you?