From: John Thompson on
On 2010-06-07, John Doe <jdoe(a)usenetlove.invalid> wrote:

> That bullshit is a good example of what you get in a Linux help
> group, instead of just admitting failure. Linux is the holy grail
> of operating systems, always has been (for decades) and always
> will be.

I have had only one formal computer class in my life: a semester of
FORTRAN in 1972. Yet somehow I have managed to figure out how to un-tar
a tarball and run "./configure&&make&&make install" to compile from
source in linux.

--

-John (john(a)os2.dhs.org)
From: JEDIDIAH on
On 2010-06-07, RayLopez99 <raylopez88(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 7, 6:03 pm, JEDIDIAH <j...(a)nomad.mishnet> wrote:
>> On 2010-06-07, RayLopez99 <raylope...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Referring to the below message, can somebody please tell me how to
>> > copy files, either using the 'emelfm' file manager icon under the GUI
>>
>> [deletia]
>>
>>     Presumably you just do the same thing you would under Windows.
>
> Presumably? You've not used D.S.L. then.

Nope.

I am not the target market of DSL. Neither are you really.

So whining about it is really quite pointless. It's moronic trolling.

....and yes you can do the windowsy thing with the file mangler that comes
with DSL. I'm familiar with it since I ran it about 10 years ago. DSL is
quite the "blast from the past".

--
Apple: because using something other than an Apple is an "edge case". |||
/ | \