From: Brad Bruce on
Helmut Giese <hgiese(a)ratiosoft.com> wrote in

> Hi Jeff,
>>>apart from a ghastly pinkish background that is.
>>
>>Isn't that Fuschia or something similar, it's the transparency colour.
> you are a lot faster than I am. :)
> I just went back to VS, got an imagelist and - to my surprise - there
> is this 'TransparentColor' property, and when I switched to the
> 'Custom' tab and eventually arrived at opening the part where you can
> define any ol' color by entering its RGB value(s), and entered 255 - 0
> - 255, and then handed it over to VS - Yessir, VS named it Fuchsia.
>
> Ok, so now I know, too.
> Best regards
> Helmut Giese

Web Color = Magenta (at least through 2005)
From: Helmut Giese on

>>>Isn't that Fuschia or something similar, it's the transparency colour.
>> you are a lot faster than I am. :)
>> I just went back to VS, got an imagelist and - to my surprise - there
>> is this 'TransparentColor' property, and when I switched to the
>> 'Custom' tab and eventually arrived at opening the part where you can
>> define any ol' color by entering its RGB value(s), and entered 255 - 0
>> - 255, and then handed it over to VS - Yessir, VS named it Fuchsia.
>>
>> Ok, so now I know, too.
>> Best regards
>> Helmut Giese
>
>Web Color = Magenta (at least through 2005)
???
I described the steps I took - and arrived at 'Fuchsia'.
What is the significance of 'Web Color' here? (We're talking
transparency.)
Best regards
Helmut Giese
From: Brad Bruce on

>>> you are a lot faster than I am. :)
>>> I just went back to VS, got an imagelist and - to my surprise - there
>>> is this 'TransparentColor' property, and when I switched to the
>>> 'Custom' tab and eventually arrived at opening the part where you can
>>> define any ol' color by entering its RGB value(s), and entered 255 - 0
>>> - 255, and then handed it over to VS - Yessir, VS named it Fuchsia.
>>>
>>> Ok, so now I know, too.
>>> Best regards
>>> Helmut Giese
>>
>>Web Color = Magenta (at least through 2005)
> ???
> I described the steps I took - and arrived at 'Fuchsia'.
> What is the significance of 'Web Color' here? (We're talking
> transparency.)
> Best regards
> Helmut Giese

The "official" transparent color has been "Magenta" since the days of 16
color palletes.

If you select the "Web" tab on colors, you can select Magenta from the
list. Fuchsia and Magenta map to the same values, but I stick with Magenta
out of habit.

Brad
From: Jeff Johnson on
"Brad Bruce" <NJBrad007(a)OptOnline.net> wrote in message

> The "official" transparent color has been "Magenta" since the days of 16
> color palletes.
>
> If you select the "Web" tab on colors, you can select Magenta from the
> list. Fuchsia and Magenta map to the same values, but I stick with
> Magenta
> out of habit.

<AOL>
Me too.