From: Jorge on
On Jan 15, 8:27 pm, Jorge <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:

> And 'a' is unused...

Sadly, it's not any faster...

http://jorgechamorro.com/cljs/093/
--
Jorge.
From: Jorge on
On Jan 15, 8:39 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
wrote:
> Jorge wrote:
>
> > And 'a' is unused...
>
> Yes, that argument does not need to be named here; however, the purpose
> here was to show how forEach() could be used -- `a' is a reference to the
> array.¹

And library is undefined...

> You have not answered my question, though.  I take it then that you found
> out you were wrong.

Who? Meee?
(It looked to me like ++another of your bugs. :-)
--
Jorge.
From: Scott Sauyet on
On Jan 14, 5:03 pm, Scott Sauyet <scott.sau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> If I find some time tonight or tomorrow, I'll do a few more thorough
> benchmarks of multiple versions of the algorithms and see what the
> main issues are.

I found a little time to run a number of tests, but I don't have time
now to analyze them. Anyone interested in seeing the raw data from
JSLitmus tests in five browsers running against lists with 10, 100,
1000, and 10000 elements can see my results, and run their own tests
here:

http://scott.sauyet.com/Javascript/Test/LoopTimer/3/

Note that FF seems extremely inconsistent, which makes me worry about
how it's interacting with JSLitmus. The runs shown here seem fairly
representative, though. All the other browsers seem fairly
consistent. The raw data (as a PHP array) is here:

http://scott.sauyet.com/Javascript/Test/LoopTimer/3/results.phps

Cheers,

-- Scott
From: Scott Sauyet on
On Jan 15, 3:03 pm, Jorge <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> And library is undefined...

Oh come on! We've been using similar definitions of library
throughout this thread. You're getting as pedantic as Thomas is,
here.

-- Scott
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Scott Sauyet wrote:

> On Jan 15, 3:03 pm, Jorge <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>> And library is undefined...
>
> Oh come on! We've been using similar definitions of library
> throughout this thread.

> You're getting as pedantic as Thomas is, here.

By contrast, I am being *precise*, stupid.

Then again, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;-)

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)