From: Jeanne on
Hi everyone! Need help ASAP!

I have a simple spreadsheet that looks like this:

Origin State Dest State Company
AL AL A
AL AR A
AL AZ B
AZ AL A
AZ AR C

....and so on. Basically, the first 2 columns have all states/provinces and
column 3 has the company we use. I need to create one matrix with all
states/provinces in Row 1 and in Column 1, and all the cells in between are
populated with the company. (I hope this makes sense).

How can I do this? Please help, I have to get this published TODAY!
From: Billy Liddel on
Crosstabs are called Pivot Tables in Excel.

Make sure that your active cell is in the data,

In xl 2003 choose Data, Pivot Table

In xl 2007 choose Insert, Pivot Table

Your list must have Headings preferably emboldened. Excel uses the Heading
as fields just grab the fields until you find a suitable layout. Say Dest
stae as row headings, Origin State as column Headings and companies as data.

"Jeanne" wrote:

> Hi everyone! Need help ASAP!
>
> I have a simple spreadsheet that looks like this:
>
> Origin State Dest State Company
> AL AL A
> AL AR A
> AL AZ B
> AZ AL A
> AZ AR C
>
> ...and so on. Basically, the first 2 columns have all states/provinces and
> column 3 has the company we use. I need to create one matrix with all
> states/provinces in Row 1 and in Column 1, and all the cells in between are
> populated with the company. (I hope this makes sense).
>
> How can I do this? Please help, I have to get this published TODAY!

Pages: 1
Prev: Add-Ins
Next: Text to Columns issue