From: nougairede Jean-Marie on
Hello.

I'd like to create a shared library using wxWidgets on Linux, that would be dynamically linked to
an application without wxWidgets, but I don't know how to proceed with the new version (2.8) of
wxWidgets

There is some explanations there, but the sources of the example doesn't exist anymore.
http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/Creating_A_WxWidgets_DLL_In_Linux

I searched a long time on Internet for such informations, but I didn't find anything. Does someone
know how to do that with the latest version of wxWidgets ?

Thank you

__

Jean-Marie Nougair�de

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Vadim Zeitlin on
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:16:18 +0200 (CEST) nougairede Jean-Marie <nougai_j(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:

nJM> I'd like to create a shared library using wxWidgets on Linux, that
nJM> would be dynamically linked to an application without wxWidgets, but
nJM> I don't know how to proceed with the new version (2.8) of wxWidgets

You need to use wxInitialize() and wxUninitialize() functions in your
library initialization/shutdown functions. And you need to solve the
problem of who is running the event loop -- usually, if the main
application is a GUI one, it does. If it's a console one, then you need to
have your own event loop (the easiest is to just use modal dialogs if this
is all you need).

BTW, I'd like to encourage you or anyone else reading this to submit a new
sample to wxWidgets showing how to do it because this question was asked
literally thousands of times and many people did succeed in doing it but
none has ever bothered to contribute anything back to help the others who
have the same problem the next time.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org