From: David Goldsmith on
Hi Matt, et al.

OK, now I'm trying to build wxVTK, which, as near as I can tell, isn't
yet compatible w/ 2.8, so I downloaded and installed 2.6.4 and that
appears to be working (bombs and life demos work at least).

Now, wxVTK uses Cmake instead of configure; inside my wxVTK folder, I
made a debug folder, cd-ed into that, ran ccmake .. and configured that
as best as I could (including perusing the advanced mode settings) - I
got no errors.

When I run make, it quits trying to link

bin/wxImagePlaneWidget.app/Contents/MacOS/wxImagePlaneWidget

w/ an Undefined symbols error, leading off w/, you guessed it, wxOnAssert.

Now, this may be beyond the scope of this list, but I couldn't figure
out how to specify "--disable-unicode" in ccmake (as a first stab at a
work-around).

Help (if possible)!

DG

PS: I assume the patch you submitted only patched 2.8.4, not 2.6.4, correct?