From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
" Cal Who" <CalWhoNOSPAM(a)roadrunner.com> wrote in message

> I realize now it is not so unusual.

Indeed not. Tom Jones was right... ;-)

> The sites are interesting. One thing I noticed is that you use the e-mail
> address as the login username.

That's correct. It's by far the simplest piece of information about a person
which is guaranteed to be unique...

> I use asp:CreateUserWizard

I don't...

> Do you make the user type it in as a username and also as an e-mail
> address

No.

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Cal Who on

"Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark(a)markrae.net> wrote in message
>" Cal Who" <CalWhoNOSPAM(a)roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>
>> I realize now it is not so unusual.
>
> Indeed not. Tom Jones was right... ;-)
>

>> The sites are interesting. One thing I noticed is that you use the e-mail
>> address as the login username.
>
> That's correct. It's by far the simplest piece of information about a
> person which is guaranteed to be unique...
>

>> I use asp:CreateUserWizard
>
> I don't...
>

>> Do you make the user type it in as a username and also as an e-mail
>> address
>
> No.
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

That is what I expected

thanks

From: Cal Who on

Do you create a base master page and derive your masters from it so that you
can use

<%@ MasterType TypeName="BaseMaster" %>
Or is there a way with a smaller footprint?Thanks

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on

> Do you create a base master page and derive your masters from it so that
> you can use
>
> <%@ MasterType TypeName="BaseMaster" %>

I certainly do.

Each of the links mentioned a couple of replies ago contains an encrypted
querystring which is used to determine which MasterPage to use - if you were
to try to access http://www.markraesecure.com with an unrecognised
name/value pair in the querystring, or no querystring at all, you'd just be
redirected to my main business website. The querystring is decrypted and a
Site object is then stored in a Session variable - this determines which
MasterPage and CSS to use. Next, the login page is displayed and, assuming
login is successful, a User object is stored in a Session variable, and off
we go from there...

> Or is there a way with a smaller footprint?

Smaller footprint...???

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Cal Who on

>" Cal Who" <CalWhoNOSPAM(a)roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>
>> Do you create a base master page and derive your masters from it so that
>> you can use
>>
>> <%@ MasterType TypeName="BaseMaster" %>
>
> I certainly do.
>

> --