From: Chechu on
On Jun 3, 4:57 pm, GS <gesan...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> ker_01 used his keyboard to write :
>

> > At my last employer, we used a product called "Captivate" (now owned by
> > Adobe) with great success to create demos- it captures your actions
> > (clicking, typing, etc) and turns it into a video tutorial.
>
> > However, it is not a free product, so I'll be monitoring this thread to see
> > if anyone posts a recommendation for free alternatives. :)
>
> > Keith
>
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
>
> >> Debra Dalgleish posts instructional videos on her site (via youtube.com).
>
> >> You can see lots of examples here:
> >>http://contextures.com/ExcelVideoTutorials.html
>
> >> I think that she uses a program called Camtasia Studio (not free):
> >>http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp
>
> >> But there are other (free!) programs that do this kind of thing.
>
> >> I bet you'll get some free alternative suggestions to your post, but you may
> >> want to try google or download.com or any of your favorite free software
> >> sites (like sourceforge.net) to see if you find any you like.

> >> --
>
> >> Dave Peterson
> >> .
>
> One alternative is 'SnagIt'. Not sure if it's free, though.
>
> --
> Garry
>
> Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a lot for your quick response! Based on all your suggestions, I
did a quick research.

Dave, yes, definitely what Debra uses in Contextures is what I am
looking for. Camtasia is the product, is not free, but not too
expensive… All the reviews position it as the best for screencasts.
Keith, Captivate looks incredible… unfortunately too expensive, but
looks really good.
Garry, SnagIt is not for screencasts, just for images. I am needing
audio and video in this case, but looks good for just images.

I found two open source programs. One is called “Jing”, very basic,
has the minimal needed features. The other one is called “CamStudio”.
This one seems to have more features, and some people recommend it,
but it still very behind Camtasia. I will go for this one.

Thanks again for giving me a great idea about where to start!
Regards,
Cecilia
From: GS on
Chechu formulated on Thursday :
> On Jun 3, 4:57 pm, GS <gesan...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>> ker_01 used his keyboard to write :
>>

>>> At my last employer, we used a product called "Captivate" (now owned by
>>> Adobe) with great success to create demos- it captures your actions
>>> (clicking, typing, etc) and turns it into a video tutorial.
>>> However, it is not a free product, so I'll be monitoring this thread to see
>>> if anyone posts a recommendation for free alternatives. :)
>>> Keith

>> One alternative is 'SnagIt'. Not sure if it's free, though.
>>
>> --
>> Garry
>>
>> Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org
>> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks a lot for your quick response! Based on all your suggestions, I
> did a quick research.
>
> Dave, yes, definitely what Debra uses in Contextures is what I am
> looking for. Camtasia is the product, is not free, but not too
> expensive… All the reviews position it as the best for screencasts.
> Keith, Captivate looks incredible… unfortunately too expensive, but
> looks really good.
> Garry, SnagIt is not for screencasts, just for images. I am needing
> audio and video in this case, but looks good for just images.
>
> I found two open source programs. One is called “Jing”, very basic,
> has the minimal needed features. The other one is called “CamStudio”.
> This one seems to have more features, and some people recommend it,
> but it still very behind Camtasia. I will go for this one.
>
> Thanks again for giving me a great idea about where to start!
> Regards,
> Cecilia

Thanks for the review on your searches. I didn't pick up on the fact
that you needed audio.

I think I'll also look into Camtasia and Captivate.

--
Garry

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2