From: Chechu on
Hi, sorry if this is not the right place to post this question... I
have a tool in Excel that will be used by 1.000 people. I need to
deliver some self-training for all this users, like a demo. Ideally, I
would like to show how to use the tool (data entry, functions, user
forms usage, etc) and talk on the back explaining what I am doing. I
have no idea how to start, which tool can I use to record something
like this. Do you have any suggestion/advise???
Thanks,
Cecilia
From: Dave Peterson on
Debra Dalgleish posts instructional videos on her site (via youtube.com).

You can see lots of examples here:
http://contextures.com/ExcelVideoTutorials.html

I think that she uses a program called Camtasia Studio (not free):
http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp

But there are other (free!) programs that do this kind of thing.

I bet you'll get some free alternative suggestions to your post, but you may
want to try google or download.com or any of your favorite free software sites
(like sourceforge.net) to see if you find any you like.

--

Dave Peterson
From: trip_to_tokyo on
PowerPoint 2007 would enable you to do this.

If my comments have helpled please hit Yes.

Thanks.

From: ker_01 on
At my last employer, we used a product called "Captivate" (now owned by
Adobe) with great success to create demos- it captures your actions
(clicking, typing, etc) and turns it into a video tutorial.

However, it is not a free product, so I'll be monitoring this thread to see
if anyone posts a recommendation for free alternatives. :)

Keith

From: GS on
ker_01 used his keyboard to write :
> At my last employer, we used a product called "Captivate" (now owned by
> Adobe) with great success to create demos- it captures your actions
> (clicking, typing, etc) and turns it into a video tutorial.
>
> However, it is not a free product, so I'll be monitoring this thread to see
> if anyone posts a recommendation for free alternatives. :)
>
> Keith
>
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
>
>> Debra Dalgleish posts instructional videos on her site (via youtube.com).
>>
>> You can see lots of examples here:
>> http://contextures.com/ExcelVideoTutorials.html
>>
>> I think that she uses a program called Camtasia Studio (not free):
>> http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp
>>
>> But there are other (free!) programs that do this kind of thing.
>>
>> I bet you'll get some free alternative suggestions to your post, but you may
>> want to try google or download.com or any of your favorite free software
>> sites (like sourceforge.net) to see if you find any you like.
>>
>> Chechu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, sorry if this is not the right place to post this question... I
>>> have a tool in Excel that will be used by 1.000 people. I need to
>>> deliver some self-training for all this users, like a demo. Ideally, I
>>> would like to show how to use the tool (data entry, functions, user
>>> forms usage, etc) and talk on the back explaining what I am doing. I
>>> have no idea how to start, which tool can I use to record something
>>> like this. Do you have any suggestion/advise???
>>> Thanks,
>>> Cecilia
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson
>> .

One alternative is 'SnagIt'. Not sure if it's free, though.

--
Garry

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2