From: Manuel Reimer on
Hello,

Slackware 13.1 comes with Policy Kit. I don't need it and I don't even
want to think about how many possible security holes have been added
with Policy Kit.

Is it possible to install Slackware 13.1 without Policy Kit? If not: How
to disable Policy Kit?

Yours

Manuel

From: Loki Harfagr on
Tue, 25 May 2010 10:24:17 +0200, Manuel Reimer did cat :

> Hello,
>
> Slackware 13.1 comes with Policy Kit. I don't need it and I don't even
> want to think about how many possible security holes have been added
> with Policy Kit.

That last is a good question, same family as why use a distro that
refurbish configurations and taint sources, unlike slackware,
meanwhile there's a world outside using other distros and
some of theme even manage to survive a few weeks ,-)
Anyway, as far as I understood the hal stuff the default polkit is quite inactive.

> Is it possible to install Slackware 13.1 without Policy Kit? If not: How
> to disable Policy Kit?

No idea about why to remove something that's supposed to be
neutral by default but in any case shouldn't this be peacemaking enough?
$ ls /var/log/packages/ |awk 'BEGIN{ORS=" ";print "removepkg "}/polkit/' | sh

Pages: 1
Prev: Slackware 13.1 is out
Next: slackbuilds for 13.1