From: "Aleksey Chudov" on
Hello!

I have few email servers that send only email notifications to our customers
with "Return-Path:" and "From:" none@<mydomain>.

If email message cannot be delivered to customer, it must be silently
discarded without non-delivery report to sender.

Is the a way to completely disable Postfix Mail Delivery Report?

Regards, Aleksey

From: mouss on
Aleksey Chudov a �crit :
> Hello!
>

> I have few email servers that send only email notifications to our
> customers with �Return-Path:� and �From:� none@<mydomain>.
>
> If email message cannot be delivered to customer, it must be silently
> discarded without non-delivery report to sender.
>
> Is the a way to completely disable Postfix Mail Delivery Report?

the way to do that is to use "<>" as the sender, not none@*. The null
sender is described in the RFC.

but then, don't use this as the From: header. the From: header is what
the user sees. so please make it nice...

From: "Aleksey Chudov" on
Hello!

Thank you for your answer. I try to use "<>" as sender address but
unfortunately some mail filters mark messages with null sender as spam, so I
need another method to disable Postfix Mail Delivery Report.

Is the a way to disable Postfix Mail Delivery Report completely or for some
senders only?

Regards, Aleksey

From: Wietse Venema on
Aleksey Chudov:
> Hello!
>
> Thank you for your answer. I try to use "<>" as sender address but
> unfortunately some mail filters mark messages with null sender as spam, so I
> need another method to disable Postfix Mail Delivery Report.
>
> Is the a way to disable Postfix Mail Delivery Report completely or for some
> senders only?

Use the DSN option NOTIFY=NEVER.

Use "/usr/sbin/sendmail -N never ..." on the command line, "RCPT
TO:<mailbox-address> NOTIFY=NEVER" in SMTP, or see the example in
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_command_filter to
force NOTIFY=NEVER on SMTP commands.

Wietse