From: Matias on
Hi,

I want to move away from postgrey to a sql based greylist service, so
that I can access the greylist database from more than one server.

I've been reading about sqlgrey, gps, gld, etc...

Can you recommend any of these?

Which one are you using?

Thanks!

From: Leonardo Rodrigues on

gld is very outdated, it couldnt handle medium to large traffic
when i used it.

i switched to policyd and never had problems .... it's MySQL based
and can implement greylist and some other features.

i'm still using policyd v1, i didnt migrated to v2 yet. Anyway,
V1.82 can handle some big traffic servers i have with no problems at all.

you really should take a look on it.

http://www.policyd.org/

--

Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
Leonardo Rodrigues

gertrudes(a)solutti.com.br
My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

From: Gmail-teopro on
Hello Leonardo,

I use sqlgrey on several slack machines form more than 3 years and I'm totally
satisfied.
Give it a try. It worth.

> gld is very outdated, it couldnt handle medium to large traffic
> when i used it.

> i switched to policyd and never had problems .... it's MySQL based
> and can implement greylist and some other features.

> i'm still using policyd v1, i didnt migrated to v2 yet. Anyway,
> V1.82 can handle some big traffic servers i have with no problems at all.

> you really should take a look on it.

> http://www.policyd.org/

> Em 22/03/2010 06:23, Matias escreveu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to move away from postgrey to a sql based greylist service, so
>> that I can access the greylist database from more than one server.
>>
>> I've been reading about sqlgrey, gps, gld, etc...
>>
>> Can you recommend any of these?

--
Best regards,
Gmail-teopro mailto:teopro(a)gmail.com

From: Luciano Mannucci on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:17:42 -0300
Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas(a)solutti.com.br> wrote:

> gld is very outdated, it couldnt handle medium to large traffic
> when i used it.
I use gld on a dedicated server.
It scales very well :-)
Never had a problem either...

luciano.
--
/"\ /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250

From: Bas Mevissen on
On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 10:23 +0100, Matias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to move away from postgrey to a sql based greylist service, so
> that I can access the greylist database from more than one server.
>
> I've been reading about sqlgrey, gps, gld, etc...

I use sqlgrey on CentOS 5.4 with postfix. Simple to install and flexible
configuration.

Because I use catch-all e-mail, I enabled greylisting for everything
except my regular e-mail addresses. So mail from any sender to my
regular e-mail addresses arrives without any delay.

Why catch-all? Because I often use the part before the "@" as a key to
see the origin of the e-mail when subscribing.

Why greylist? Stop most stupid spammers

Why sqlgrey? Actively maintained, well documented, small in size, sqlite
database option and I can select what domains and e-mail addresses to
greylist or not.

Disadvantages? The version in Centos 5.4 is old and sqlgrey is written
in Perl. So it might consume too much cpu and memory for very busy
server, although the website states that it can be used for servers
recieving millions of mails per day.

Note: On a busy server, I would recommend using the MySQL or PostgreSQL
database option of sqlgrey.

There is a web based management interface at
http://www.vanheusden.com/sgwi/ Did not test it as it is easy to manage
sqlgrey with your favourite sqlite tool (sqlite3 cmd line, sqliteman,
sqlitebrowser).

Bas.