From: joe on
On 03/22/2010 02:23 AM, Matias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to move away from postgrey to a sql based greylist service, so
> that I can access the greylist database from more than one server.
>
> I've been reading about sqlgrey, gps, gld, etc...

I've used postgrey and sqlgrey, but for the past few years I've been
happily using policyd-1.8x, which is written in c, is small and
efficient, uses a mysql backend, and not only does greylisting, but also
quotas, whitelisting and blacklisting based on various criteria.

I use policyd on my home mail server, on mail servers at several small
businesses, and at my fortune 100 employer, where 4 postfix servers are
pointed to the policy server.

Needless to say, I'm happy with it.

Joe

From: "Nikolai K. Bochev" on
I've been using policydv2 for quite a while now.
It's easy to install and manage, it's under active development ( well maybe not so active but oh well ) and it plays nice. I am using it for both greylisting and accounting. Especially i found the accounting feature very useful, since my primary outgoing smtp sends mail for around a 100 domains with 3k or so users ( peak around 1100 emails/minute ) and i wanted to restrict number of emails that go out per sender address. Policyd v2 lets me define all i need to make it work. Never had a problem.

--

Nikolai K. Bochev
System Administrator

Website : GrandstarCO | http://www.grandstarco.com

From: mouss on
Luciano Mannucci a �crit :
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:17:42 -0300
> Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas(a)solutti.com.br> wrote:
>
>> gld is very outdated, it couldnt handle medium to large traffic
>> when i used it.
> I use gld on a dedicated server.
> It scales very well :-)
> Never had a problem either...
>
> luciano.

google on "postfix gld vulnerability".

From: mouss on
Leonardo Rodrigues a �crit :

> gld is very outdated, it couldnt handle medium to large traffic when
> i used it.
>
> i switched to policyd and never had problems .... it's MySQL based
> and can implement greylist and some other features.
>
> i'm still using policyd v1, i didnt migrated to v2 yet. Anyway,
> V1.82 can handle some big traffic servers i have with no problems at all.

note that v2 has nothing to do with v1. It is unfortunate to see the
same product name used for two different things. v1 was a single thread
C program. v2 is a perl program (I like perl. this isn't the issue...).

From: "Nikolai K. Bochev" on
And your point is ?

--

Nikolai K. Bochev