From: Bryan Irvine on
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Matias <matiassurdi(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to move away from postgrey to a sql based greylist service, so that I
> can access the greylist database from more than one server.
>
> I've been reading about sqlgrey, gps, gld, etc...
>
> Can you recommend any of these?
>

> Which one are you using?

I ran stock postgrey in addition to openbsd spamd in front of
mailservers (different servers) for a few years with no syncing
between them. In my experience the MX servers saw different traffic
and syncing wouldn't have prevented much of anything. Maybe your
different, but it's worth noting that in my case the effort wasn't
worth it.

-B

From: LuKreme on
On 22-Mar-2010, at 05:17, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

> you really should take a look on it.
>
> http://www.policyd.org/

I did take a look at it, built the database for it, read the INSTALL
document very carefully.

I get to step 10.

> 10. Fire everything up and browse to the web gui to configure

and I get stuck. Fire WHAT up? there's no way to start the policyd
that I see in the instructions, unless postfix does it somehow. Is
there an rc.d init script? Do I start it manually? And if so, how do I
start it the next time I reboot my machine (scheduled for late 2012 :)?

I'm sure policyd works great, but the INSTALL document is poor (It
doesn't even point out that you have to create the database manually
as the generate .mysql file doesn't have the declaration in it to make
the database itself), and there's no man pages. I do prefer to have a
clear understanding of what I'm doing before I install something.

--
It was not, it could not be real. But in the roaring air he knew that
it was,

From: LuKreme on
On 23-Mar-2010, at 03:55, Bas Mevissen wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 10:24 +0100, Ansgar Wiechers wrote:
>> On 2010-03-22 Bas Mevissen wrote:
>>> Why catch-all? Because I often use the part before the "@" as a
>>> key to
>>> see the origin of the e-mail when subscribing.
>>
>> That's what address extension was invented for. See the respective
>> section of man 8 local.

> I'm aware of address extension. It is a well-known trick, so the
> extension is likely to be stripped off by spam senders.

One might think so, but there's no evidence to support it. Anyway, the
solution is simple

user(a)example.com = Rejected as spam
user+extension(a)example.com = possibly excepted.

--
There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don t know
what can

From: LuKreme on
On 23-Mar-2010, at 19:31, LuKreme wrote:

> user+extension(a)example.com = possibly excepted.

ACCEPTED. Doh.

--
Windle shook his head sadly. Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of
an insane

From: Bas Mevissen on
On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 19:31 -0600, LuKreme wrote:

> Anyway, the solution is simple
>
> user(a)example.com = Rejected as spam
> user+extension(a)example.com = possibly accepted.

Good point.

Bas.