From: Kingherc on
Hi, I have the E-Ten X500 Pocket PC with WM5. I've put a sim card from the
operator Vodafone (the company doesn't really matter, but just to be more
specific). It seems the sim has a built-in "application" containing service
numbers and menus, as well as a welcoming message "How are you?" (which is
the company's slogan). Everytime the sim is initiated (e.g. activating the
pocket pc), an application with the title SimUI pops up showing up the
welcoming message (in a message box) and after that another window appears
named Vodafone Menu, with a navigation menu containing service numbers.

These two windows appear to be reading some built-in info in the sim and
showing it up. It seems that any operator can incorporate such features
(menu-like navigation providing service numbers) into a sim and the phone
that initiates the sim is responsible to show this info properly to the user.
Windows mobile also creates a shortcut placed on Programs, named "Sim
Toolkit" which when clicked shows up the window with the navigation menu.

Though it could be useful, these messages are really annoying because they
pop-up everytime I activate the sim, so I'm asking if anyone knows a way (I'm
pretty sure there's a registry tweak around) to disable them. Thx for any
help!
From: Kingherc on
Some additional info if it helps:

I guess the real application's name is Sim Toolkit. I also found the files
"simtkit.dll" and "simtkui.lnk" in my windows folder if that helps. If you
also search the registry for "sim" or "simt" you'll get plenty of results
containing text like "simtkit.dll" and such. In addition, I think the STK
Service (I don't know what or where it is) means SIM Toolkit Service, if that
helps.