From: sunlite on
Actually tlSeries1Trend.Type = chConstants.chTrendlineTypePolynomial
works well in vb6. and it's the same with the google link you provide:)

thx for your link anyway.

it'll be better if there is a parameter after "
chConstants.chTrendlineTypePolynomial " to show a 4 order Polynomial curve.

If there is not such a parameter, perhaps we have to resort to .NET.

From: se on

"sunlite" <sunlite(a)discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> Actually tlSeries1Trend.Type = chConstants.chTrendlineTypePolynomial
> works well in vb6. and it's the same with the google link you provide:)
>
> thx for your link anyway.
>
> it'll be better if there is a parameter after "
> chConstants.chTrendlineTypePolynomial " to show a 4 order Polynomial
> curve.
>
> If there is not such a parameter, perhaps we have to resort to .NET.

Works well in exel automation with vb6, I presume.
I thought I was looking at VBA
-Never mind !.
..Net what's that ?
ah... .nxt

From: sunlite on
thanks Se and Paul.

It works with the help of the links you recommended.! Use this code: "
Order:=4 " Thanks!

Actually my Excel works background because I just want to leverage the
equation it returns.

At the same time, I use a ChartSpace control in foreground to show the same
4 order Polynomial curve with the following code.Same question with the above
solved Excel question, the Chartspace control just returns a 2 order
Polynomial curve which I prefer that of 4 order. I tried to insert the
parameter of " order = 4 " in somewhere of the following code but failed.

Would you please solved this my last mile project question for me?

My chartSpace code as follows:

Dim chConstants
Dim axValueAxis
Dim chtChart1

Set chConstants = ChartSpace1.Constants

' Set the data source of ChartSpace1 to Spreadsheet1.
Set ChartSpace1.DataSource = Me.sdstPlatevalue

' Set a variable to a new chart in Chartspace1.
Set chtChart1 = ChartSpace1.Charts.Add

' Set the chart type.
chtChart1.Type = chConstants.chChartTypeScatterMarkers

chtChart1.SetData chConstants.chDimXValues, chConstants.chDataBound,
"A1:A5"

chtChart1.SetData chConstants.chDimYValues, chConstants.chDataBound, "B1:B5"

Set axValueAxis = ChartSpace1.Charts(0).Axes(0)

' The following two lines of code turn off the major and
' minor gridlines for the value axis.
axValueAxis.HasMajorGridlines = False
axValueAxis.HasMinorGridlines = False

Set axValueAxis = ChartSpace1.Charts(0).Axes(1)

' The following two lines of code turn off the major and
' minor gridlines for the value axis.
axValueAxis.HasMajorGridlines = False
axValueAxis.HasMinorGridlines = False

Dim serSeries1
'Dim chConstants
Dim tlSeries1Trend

' Set chConstants = ChartSpace1.Constants

' Set a variable to the first series of the first chart
' in Chartspace1.
Set serSeries1 = ChartSpace1.Charts(0).SeriesCollection(0)

' Add a trendline to the first series and return
' a Trendline object.
Set tlSeries1Trend = serSeries1.Trendlines.Add

' Display the equation used to calculate the trendline.
tlSeries1Trend.IsDisplayingEquation = False
tlSeries1Trend.IsDisplayingRSquared = False

' Set the trendline to be a polynomial trendline.