From: emcz on
I am looking for some code sample embed an existing word document
in a view.

MSDN has a sample to embed a new word document in a view. But it
has an extra control in the windows, and it doesn't let me to
open an existing word file.

TIA for any help.
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
This is not a simple task. You are becoming an OLE client with an embedded document. This
means that clicking on the document activates Word (an OLE out-of-process server) and this
means Word will replace your menu items, etc.

MFC provides an *amazing* amount of assistance in doing this, but it still is not easy,
from what I've seen over the past 15 years or so.

Embedding an existing .doc file (or .xls, the next most common example) is not
substantially different from embedding a new one, and yes, they both require a control.

Instead of looking for a Word example, try to find a spreadsheet example. The Office
framework is identical in this regard (I seriously considered embedding PowerPoint in my
PowerPoint indexer, but it was easier just to launch it as a separate program and control
it with Automation. But for a brief few hours, I seriously considered the idea)
joe

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:01:45 -0400, emcz <emcz1999(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am looking for some code sample embed an existing word document
>in a view.
>
>MSDN has a sample to embed a new word document in a view. But it
>has an extra control in the windows, and it doesn't let me to
>open an existing word file.
>
>TIA for any help.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com