From: Richard S. on
How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be entered
in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
Source? Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table, rather
than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?

I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a user
to create & edit a formatted text entry.
From: Douglas J. Steele on
Sorry, I don't have the ability to test at the moment, but see whether
Ctrl-Enter (or Alt-Enter) works.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:36:55 -0700, Richard S.
<RichardS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be entered
>in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
>Source? Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table, rather
>than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?
>
>I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a user
>to create & edit a formatted text entry.

Two alternatives:

1. Use Ctrl-Enter instead of Enter.
2. View the textbox's Properties and set its "Enter Key Behavior" property to
New Line In Field.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]