From: Ada on
Hello All,

Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file
with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and
populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and
one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version.

New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual
scrips, or PBM, maybe?

I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure
how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has
anyone used Powershell and/or Reporting Services for similar purpose?

Thanks,

--
Ada
SQL Server DBA