From: Prakash on
I have a small membership program. It consists of 2 main files:
1) A Members Master file
2) A Transaction (payments received) file

If a member has paid his subscription there will be an entry for him
in the transaction file but if he hasn't there won't be any entry for
him in the transaction file.

If I need a report say for example of all those members who haven't
paid their subscriptions for 2010, how do I get that ? (as there
won't be any entry for them in the transaction file).

Thx & Best Rgds,
Prakash.
From: XPS350 on
On 7 apr, 06:44, Prakash <prakashwadhw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a small membership program. It consists of 2 main files:
> 1) A Members Master file
> 2) A Transaction (payments received) file
>
> If a member has paid his subscription there will be an entry for him
> in the transaction file but if he hasn't there won't be any entry for
> him in the transaction file.
>
> If I need a report say for example of all those members who haven't
> paid their subscriptions for 2010, how do I get that ?  (as there
> won't be any entry for them in the transaction file).
>
> Thx & Best Rgds,
> Prakash.

Not knowing your fields, it would be something like:

SELECT * FROM tblMember
WHERE MemberID NOT IN
(SELECT MemberID FROM tblPayment WHERE Year=2010)

Groeten,

Peter
http://access.xps350.com
From: Prakash on
On Apr 7, 9:41 am, XPS350 <xps...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 apr, 06:44, Prakash <prakashwadhw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a small membership program. It consists of 2 main files:
> > 1) A Members Master file
> > 2) A Transaction (payments received) file
>
> > If a member has paid his subscription there will be an entry for him
> > in the transaction file but if he hasn't there won't be any entry for
> > him in the transaction file.
>
> > If I need a report say for example of all those members who haven't
> > paid their subscriptions for 2010, how do I get that ?  (as there
> > won't be any entry for them in the transaction file).
>
> > Thx & Best Rgds,
> > Prakash.
>
> Not knowing your fields, it would be something like:
>
> SELECT * FROM tblMember
> WHERE MemberID NOT IN
> (SELECT MemberID FROM tblPayment WHERE Year=2010)
>
> Groeten,
>
> Peterhttp://access.xps350.com

Thank you very much ... I'll give it a shot and get back if I face any
problem.

Warm Regards,
Prakash.