From: BamaBlast on
I am a begginner and have created a database where I work and on one
of the forms I have a Print button that will print a report. Is there
anyway to have that Print button to pull up a Print Dialog box first
so that I can select how many copies to print before it prints the
report?

Thanks
From: PW on
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:24:39 -0700 (PDT), BamaBlast
<timbwilliams(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I am a begginner and have created a database where I work and on one
>of the forms I have a Print button that will print a report. Is there
>anyway to have that Print button to pull up a Print Dialog box first
>so that I can select how many copies to print before it prints the
>report?
>
>Thanks

The only way I can think of is to bring up the report in preview mode.
The user can press Ctrl+P to bring up the print dialog box.

DoCmd.OpenReport "letInquiryMulti", acPreview

-pw
From: BamaBlast on
On Apr 7, 3:05 pm, PW <emailaddyin...(a)ifIremember.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:24:39 -0700 (PDT), BamaBlast
>
> <timbwilli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >I am a begginner and have created a database where I work and on one
> >of the forms I have a Print button that will print a report.  Is there
> >anyway to have that Print button to pull up a Print Dialog box first
> >so that I can select how many copies to print before it prints the
> >report?
>
> >Thanks
>
> The only way I can think of is to bring up the report in preview mode.
> The user can press Ctrl+P to bring up the print dialog box.
>
> DoCmd.OpenReport "letInquiryMulti", acPreview
>
> -pw

Thank you for your response. I finally found some code that would do
what I wanted. See below.

DoCmd.OpenReport "RPT_I created", acViewPreview
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint

Can anyone tell where to get a cheat sheet of "DoCmd." Commands?
I have no idea what are available to use and what they do. I am using
Access 2003.

Thx
From: fredg on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:53:36 -0700 (PDT), BamaBlast wrote:

> On Apr 7, 3:05�pm, PW <emailaddyin...(a)ifIremember.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:24:39 -0700 (PDT), BamaBlast
>>
>> <timbwilli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>I am a begginner and have created a database where I work and on one
>>>of the forms I have a Print button that will print a report. �Is there
>>>anyway to have that Print button to pull up a Print Dialog box first
>>>so that I can select how many copies to print before it prints the
>>>report?
>>
>>>Thanks
>>
>> The only way I can think of is to bring up the report in preview mode.
>> The user can press Ctrl+P to bring up the print dialog box.
>>
>> DoCmd.OpenReport "letInquiryMulti", acPreview
>>
>> -pw
>
> Thank you for your response. I finally found some code that would do
> what I wanted. See below.
>
> DoCmd.OpenReport "RPT_I created", acViewPreview
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint
>
> Can anyone tell where to get a cheat sheet of "DoCmd." Commands?
> I have no idea what are available to use and what they do. I am using
> Access 2003.
>
> Thx

For a list and usage of RunCommand constants start at Terry
Wickenden's page:

http://www.accessruncommand.com/index.htm

As far as I know, he has the most complete (even though it's
incomplete) list available.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.