From: franc sutherland on
Is it possible to determine the text and background color for selected
items in a listbox, as it is with the unselected items? If you veer
away from the black on white, you can end up with some pretty
unreadable yellow on brown.
I saw that this question have been posted in 2006, and was replied to
in the negative. I was wondering if this had changed?

Many thanks,

Franc.
From: Marshall Barton on
franc sutherland wrote:

>Is it possible to determine the text and background color for selected
>items in a listbox, as it is with the unselected items? If you veer
>away from the black on white, you can end up with some pretty
>unreadable yellow on brown.
>I saw that this question have been posted in 2006, and was replied to
>in the negative. I was wondering if this had changed?

AFAIK, it hasn't changed.

You can figure out what the highlighted rows' colors will be
by taking the complement (change all the 1s to 0s and 0s to
1s) of the RGB value. This can be calculated in VBA by
using a statement like:
Me.List0.BackColor = Me.List0.ForeColor Xor &HFFFFFF

Unfortunatly, that doesn't mean much to the human eye unless
you stick with very basic colors. Eg. the complement of
blue is yellow, red is cyan, green is pink, etc. Black and
white start to make a lot more sense with this very limited
highlighting rule, but if you choose a backcolor that is the
complement of the forecolor some other combinations can look
acceptable..

--
Marsh

Pages: 1