From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <6f1d6347-7376-4b03-9510-85788f4d5628(a)t1
3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:52:02, David Mark
<dmark.cinsoft(a)gmail.com> posted:

>On Jul 17, 4:17�pm, Dr J R Stockton <reply1...(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk>
>wrote:
>> In comp.lang.javascript message <1dWdnQ_d2JDe7d3RnZ2dnUVZ7sadnZ2d(a)gigane
>> ws.com>, Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:44:04, Richard Cornford
>> <Rich...(a)litotes.demon.co.uk> posted:

>> >Why on earth do you care? What do you prose doing (or not doing)
>> >depending on whether the user has chosen to have the sates bar shown or
>> >not?
>>
>> That is a very ill-mannered (and careless) response to a perfectly
>> reasonable question.
>
>Doc, you are not one to lecture on manners.

How would you know?
Note that a gentleman is never unintentionally rude.

> As for careless, I
>believe Richard has stated that he is dyslexic, so typos in his posts
>are to be expected (and ignored by well-mannered participants).

Yes, but misspelling the name of a part of the system is unusually
careless. He usually does much better.

>> There is one ambiguity in it, however; is "hidden" to be taken in the
>> HTML/CSS sense,
>
>In *what* sense?

Surely you have heard that it is possible to use the special word
'hidden' both in HTML and in CSS ?

>> or does it refer to whether the corresponding marks can
>> actually be seen on the (presumed to be working normally) screen?
>
>Talk about ambiguous. What marks?

Well, not you, Karl, or Groucho. Variations in the intensity at various
wavelengths of the light emitted or reflected by the screen, often
perceived as meaningful.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Grandson-Of-RFC1036 is released. RFC 5536 Netnews Article Format is a
From: David Mark on
On Jul 19, 4:07 pm, Dr J R Stockton <reply1...(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> In comp.lang.javascript message <6f1d6347-7376-4b03-9510-85788f4d5628(a)t1
> 3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:52:02, David Mark
> <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> posted:
>

> >On Jul 17, 4:17 pm, Dr J R Stockton <reply1...(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk>
> >wrote:
> >> In comp.lang.javascript message <1dWdnQ_d2JDe7d3RnZ2dnUVZ7sadnZ2d(a)gigane
> >> ws.com>, Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:44:04, Richard Cornford
> >> <Rich...(a)litotes.demon.co.uk> posted:

> >> That is a very ill-mannered (and careless) response to a perfectly
> >> reasonable question.
>
> >Doc, you are not one to lecture on manners.
>
> How would you know?
> Note that a gentleman is never unintentionally rude.

Are you privy to my intentions?

> > As for careless, I
> >believe Richard has stated that he is dyslexic, so typos in his posts
> >are to be expected (and ignored by well-mannered participants).
>
> Yes, but misspelling the name of a part of the system is unusually
> careless.  He usually does much better.

Read up on dyslexia, stupid (intentional).

> >> There is one ambiguity in it, however; is "hidden" to be taken in the
> >> HTML/CSS sense,
>
> >In *what* sense?
>
> Surely you have heard that it is possible to use the special word
> 'hidden' both in HTML and in CSS ?

Yes, yes I have. But that doesn't make your intentions any more
lucid.

> >> or does it refer to whether the corresponding marks can
> >> actually be seen on the (presumed to be working normally) screen?
>
> >Talk about ambiguous.  What marks?
>
> Well, not you, Karl, or Groucho.

Are gentlemen intentionally unfunny?