From: Bofhluser on
I'd like to prevent one program .exe (eg. myprogram.exe) from
accessing or being accessed to and from the Internet. I'm using
Windows XP SP3. I'd rather not use a full blown software app though
(like Norton or McAffee) since I already have a firewall in my router
which unfortunately can only block entire domain names or websites.
Please advice. Thanks.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bofhluser" <matt8500(a)gmail.com>

| I'd like to prevent one program .exe (eg. myprogram.exe) from
| accessing or being accessed to and from the Internet. I'm using
| Windows XP SP3. I'd rather not use a full blown software app though
| (like Norton or McAffee) since I already have a firewall in my router
| which unfortunately can only block entire domain names or websites.
| Please advice. Thanks.

Rename myprogram.exe to myprogram1.exe and that idea goes out the dorr.

--
Dave

From: Bofhluser on
On May 8, 1:48 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:
> From: "Bofhluser" <matt8...(a)gmail.com>
>
> | I'd like to prevent one program .exe (eg. myprogram.exe) from
> | accessing or being accessed to and from the Internet.  I'm using
> | Windows XP SP3.  I'd rather not use a full blown software app though
> | (like Norton or McAffee) since I already have a firewall in my router
> | which unfortunately can only block entire domain names or websites.
> | Please advice.  Thanks.
>
> Rename myprogram.exe to myprogram1.exe and that idea goes out the dorr.

Assuming the name never changes? I'm hoping there's a small
specialize program somewhere whose only purpose in life is to
frustrate one .exe program from ever making or receiving any calls.
Thanks.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bofhluser" <matt8500(a)gmail.com>

| On May 8, 1:48 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
| wrote:
>> From: "Bofhluser" <matt8...(a)gmail.com>

>> | I'd like to prevent one program .exe (eg. myprogram.exe) from
>> | accessing or being accessed to and from the Internet. I'm using
>> | Windows XP SP3. I'd rather not use a full blown software app though
>> | (like Norton or McAffee) since I already have a firewall in my router
>> | which unfortunately can only block entire domain names or websites.
>> | Please advice. Thanks.

>> Rename myprogram.exe to myprogram1.exe and that idea goes out the dorr.

| Assuming the name never changes? I'm hoping there's a small
| specialize program somewhere whose only purpose in life is to
| frustrate one .exe program from ever making or receiving any calls.
| Thanks.

Nope.

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "WaIIy" <WaIIy@(nft).invalid>

| Perhaps you could do it with your hosts file. Google it up.

No. a etc/hosts file is only to specifically state the IP address of a given host name.

It is used when there in there is DNS Server or like the MVP Hosts File for misdirection
of known bad sites.

--
Dave