From: itisthiyagu on
How to get Motherboard serial number?

I want to use Motherboard serial number for licensing mechanism.
I am able to get MAC address of Network Adapter. If user changes the
NIC, MAC changes.
I want to use some client information which is stable. I prefer to
use Motherboard's serial number.

anybody knows how to get Motherboard serial number?

Thanks in Advance.
From: Anshul on
Hi

Have a look at this link

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394072(VS.85).aspx

Anshul

From: itisthiyagu on
Thanks for your suggestion.
I tried to get motherboard serial number from Win32_BaseBoard class
also.
'SerialNumber' property returns null. Don't know where should i get
this serial number.

-Thiyagarajan

From: Christian ASTOR on
On 16 avr, 13:01, itisthiy...(a)gmail.com wrote:

> > > I want to use Motherboard serial number for licensing mechanism.
> > > I am able to get MAC address of Network Adapter. If user changes the
> > > NIC, MAC changes.
> > > I want to use some client information which is stable.  I prefer to
> > > use Motherboard's serial number.
>
> > > anybody knows how to get Motherboard serial number?

There is also Win32_ComputerSystemProduct but, like Win32_BaseBoard,
it reads the SMBIOS tables...
From: itisthiyagu on
can not we get BIOS serial number using WIN API's?
I want to make a small application without using COM.
is it possible?

-Thiyagarajan