From: "James R. Marcus" on
I have two applications that run on windows that return this error when I try to use my postfix relay to send mail.

An error occurred while trying to send the test email. 504 5.5.2 : Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

I have added the IPs to mynetworks, but Postfix is requiring a FQDN before allowing the server to relay. The servers have a PTR. Does anyone know how to get Windows to send the FQDN when connecting to a relay? Or is there a simple way to make an exception in Postfix?

I'm guessing it gets denied here:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_invalid_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination, reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org, reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org, reject_rbl_client pbl.spamhaus..org permit

Thanks,
James

From: Wietse Venema on
James R. Marcus:
> I have two applications that run on windows that return this error
> when I try to use my postfix relay to send mail.
>
> An error occurred while trying to send the test email. 504 5.5.2
> : Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname
>
> I have added the IPs to mynetworks, but Postfix is requiring a
> FQDN before allowing the server to relay.

Put "permit_mynetworks" before "reject_non_fqdn_mumble".

Wietse

From: "James R. Marcus" on
This solved my problem.
Thanks,