From: evilgene on

Please help! I've searched hard but failed to find an answer.

If I launch the following code

WUApiLib.UpdateSearcher searcher = new WUApiLib.UpdateSearcher();
WUApiLib.ISearchResult searchResult = searcher.Search("Type='Software'
or Type='Driver'");

It returns me only the updates that suit current machine on which the
program is running.
Even If I specify concrete UpdateID it doesn't return anything if the
update doesn't fit to the current machine:

WUApiLib.UpdateSearcher searcher = new WUApiLib.UpdateSearcher();
WUApiLib.ISearchResult searchResult =
searcher.Search("UpdateID='1847ae6d-8360-4e5a-9d15-da82b24deffd'");

The question is: is it possible to get update information on current
machine even if the update doesn't fit to the machine using WUA API ?

Related question is: is it possible to launch update download using WUA
API if update doesn't fit to the current machine ? I know how to do it
using IUpdate object found during search phase, however nothing is
found if update doesn't fit to current machine...

--
evilgene