From: Jim Gibson on
In article
<938a83af-045a-4bd2-b7d4-a8b8a875d8fa(a)x6g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
Obama <cyrusgreats(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Justin,
> > You have created a new worksheet in the above workbook, it too is empty.
> Yes correct it is empty but I do have other function which read a file
> and populate the data there so there problem here is not if this is
> empty , assume it is not empty
> > > my $t1 = xl_rowcol_to_cell(2, 4); �# E2
> > > my $t2 = xl_rowcol_to_cell(2, 5); �# F2
> >
> > $t1 now contains the string "E3" (not E2 as you state).
> > $t2 now contains the string "F3" (rows/cols counted from zero not one)
> >
> Not matter which column, my question was how to read/get the value
> from cell

You use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel (S:PE) to read data from an Excel
spreadsheet document. You use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel (S:WE) to create
an Excel spreadsheet and add data to its cells. You cannot use S:PE to
add data to an existing spreadsheet, nor can you use S:WE to read data
from a newly-created spreadsheet.

If you are creating a spreadsheet with S:WE and want to see what has
been added, you need to get the data from whatever source was used to
generate the cell contents in the first place, not the spreadsheet
itself.

I suppose you could create a spreadsheet with S:WE, close it, then read
its contents with S:PE. Just don't try to do both at the same time.

Perhaps you can give us an idea of what you are really trying to
accomplish.

--
Jim Gibson