From: Raj on
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition?

I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is
running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but
not in VC#2008EE.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Regards
Raj

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Apr 15, 1:55 pm, Raj <R...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition?
>
> I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is
> running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but
> not in VC#2008EE.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards
> Raj

Try to copy the templates from VWD dir

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCSExpress
\ProjectTemplates\1033

into:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VWDExpress
\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Windows\1033

The templates won't appear straight away in the template browser. For
VWD you need to run:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE
\VWDExpress.exe /installvstemplates

For VC# you run:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE
\VCSExpress.exe /installvstemplates

More at:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/110451/how-to-add-wcf-templates-to-visual-studio-express

Hope this helps
From: Raj on
I am really sorry, none of the options work 4 me!

Seems i am not having express edition a scaled down version given my MS!

Very much disappointed with MS!!

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Apr 16, 8:16 am, Raj <R...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am really sorry, none of the options work 4 me!
>
> Seems i am not having express edition a scaled down version given my MS!
>
> Very much disappointed with MS!!
>

> "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
> > On Apr 15, 1:55 pm, Raj <R...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition?
>
> > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is
> > > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but
> > > not in VC#2008EE.
>
> > > Any help would be appreciated
>
> > > Thank you
>
> > > Regards
> > > Raj
>
> > Try to copy the templates from VWD dir
>
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCSExpress
> > \ProjectTemplates\1033
>
> > into:
>
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VWDExpress
> > \ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Windows\1033
>
> > The templates won't appear straight away in the template browser. For
> > VWD you need to run:
>
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE
> > \VWDExpress.exe /installvstemplates
>
> > For VC# you run:
>
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE
> > \VCSExpress.exe /installvstemplates
>
> > More at:
> >http://stackoverflow.com/questions/110451/how-to-add-wcf-templates-to...
>
> > Hope this helps
> > .

Raj,

do you mean you have the templates working in VWD and they are located
in the directories like it was described earlier, but if you copy the
files to the directory of VC# Express and execute the command, it does
not appear in IDE? I don't have VWD installed on my box and I cannot
test it.