From: Joe on
Hello.

I am about to install a copy of Parallels in my new Macpro intel
running the latest version of Apple's OS X. Prior to this Macpro I
owned a Powermac G4 and ran Windows under Virtual PC. My Virtual PC
disks include Windows XP Professional.

How can I extract this copy of Windows XP from the Virtual PC disks
and install it in Parallels ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Joe
From: Steve Jain on
"Joe" wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am about to install a copy of Parallels in my new Macpro intel
> running the latest version of Apple's OS X. Prior to this Macpro I
> owned a Powermac G4 and ran Windows under Virtual PC. My Virtual PC
> disks include Windows XP Professional.
>
> How can I extract this copy of Windows XP from the Virtual PC disks
> and install it in Parallels ?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Joe
> .

Legally? There is no way, if you bought Windows XP with your Virtual PC,
you have an OEM copy that is only legally licensed for use with
Connectix/Microsoft Virtual PC.

The copy of XP that shipped with VPC did not include bootable discs, it came
with the pre-installed XP only.