From: Peng Yu on
I'm getting tired of downloading each module individually and install
them. I want to either install all cpan modules (if they don't take
too much disk spaces) or install a module on demand with just one
simply command. Could anybody show me what is the most convenient way
to install cpan modules?

http://www.cpan.org/modules/INSTALL.html
From: sreservoir on
On 7/18/2010 5:19 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
> I'm getting tired of downloading each module individually and install
> them. I want to either install all cpan modules (if they don't take
> too much disk spaces) or install a module on demand with just one
> simply command. Could anybody show me what is the most convenient way
> to install cpan modules?
>
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/INSTALL.html

% cpan Bundle::All

I think. note that it _is_ a joke module.

mirror a minicpan and use the command cpan to install what you want,
when you want, whether you still have an internet connection or not.

--

"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."
From: smallpond on
On Jul 18, 5:19 pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting tired of downloading each module individually and install
> them. I want to either install all cpan modules (if they don't take
> too much disk spaces) or install a module on demand with just one
> simply command. Could anybody show me what is the most convenient way
> to install cpan modules?

to install a module as root:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install xxxx'

where xxxx is the module you wish to install.
From: Keith Keller on
On 2010-07-19, smallpond <smallpond(a)juno.com> wrote:

> to install a module as root:
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install xxxx'
>
> where xxxx is the module you wish to install.

You can also simply do

cpan Xxxx::Xxxxxxx

if you have a reasonably recent version of CPAN.

--keith

--
kkeller-usenet(a)wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

From: Justin C on
On 2010-07-18, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting tired of downloading each module individually and install
> them. I want to either install all cpan modules (if they don't take
> too much disk spaces) or install a module on demand with just one
> simply command. Could anybody show me what is the most convenient way
> to install cpan modules?
>
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/INSTALL.html

cpan -i Module::Name Some::Other::Module::Name

would install two modules.

man cpan is quite useful for this!

Justin.

--