From: Christian Kellerer on
Hi,

1.) From what I know you can't find out at what time and
on which day someone added you to his/her contact list.
If someone adds you to his/her contact list you just get
a notice in MSN that someone added you and if you want to
add him/her to your contact list, too.

But if someone deletes (and blocks) you from his/her
contact list you don't get any notice in MSN. You can
only get that out if you write him/her a eMail (He/She
needs to respond though).

2.) If you want to know if someone blocked you on his/her
contact list you can check it with a "block checker". But
please note that this doesn't work everytime and it's
also NOT supported by Microsoft. Here's the page of
the "block checker":
http://www.messengerplace.com/msnblockchecker.htm

You just need to enter your buddy's eMail address and
click on "Controleer". A popup comes up and it says if
he/she is online or not.

3.) If someone removes MSN Messenger from his PC or if
he/she formated the PC and reinstalled MSN Messenger it
doesn't affect your status on his/her contact list. If
she blocked you before she removed MSN / formated his/her
PC you will stay blocked because MSN Messenger saves the
contact list on a server.

Hope this helps,
Christian Kellerer

the

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings,

You can find out if someone has removed you from their list, by clicking the Tools menu, then
Options, then Privacy tab, right-clicking their name in the Allow/Blocked lists, and seeing
if the Delete option is grayed out or not. If it is grayed, then you're still on their list,
if it isn't, you've been removed.

There are block checkers, but they don't really work (the default options in Messenger
prevent it).

Contact lists are stored on the server; nothing will change from formatting or logging on a
different PC.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

From: Ycs on
Dear Christian Kellerer & Jonathan Kay,

Firstly, Thank U so much for the help!

I have other questions...@_@

Sometimes ago,I learnt about the first method Jonathan
mentioned below,out of curiosity, I checked out everyone
on my list.

Person A,has been on my list...
For mine last check,the Delete option isn't greyed
out,which means I'm being deleted.
Yesterday,I was editing my Allow/Block list,I checked
again. This time~I am greyed out,which means I'm being
added in again,right?

Qn:
If I'm suppose to get notified when someone added me,for
this incident,I didn't not receive any notification at
all. Why is that so?

If I'm being blocked, but not deleted. The Delete option
will be grey out or not?

Best Regards,
Ycs^^

Jonathan Kay.

From: ycs on
Hi Jon,

*Sob* I really really want to know WHEN (Date&Time) I'm
being added/deleted thou. ~>_<~ sob~ sob~

By any chance I can know about it?

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Hi,

I'm afraid not, Messenger doesn't keep track of this information.

> Hi Jon,
>
> *Sob* I really really want to know WHEN (Date&Time) I'm
> being added/deleted thou. ~>_<~ sob~ sob~
>
> By any chance I can know about it?

Pages: 1
Next: Viewing profiles