From: Devendra Jadhav on
Hi All,

In the situation if there are two PHP's installed on the Linux box.
How to know which PHP is used by Apache?

Another question is do Apache need PHP's binary to execute PHP Scripts? If
yes what is the role of libphp5.so in Apache?

Note: PHP is configured as module under Apache.

Appreciate your thoughts.

--
Devendra Jadhav
देवेंद्र जाधव
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 19:00 +0530, Devendra Jadhav wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In the situation if there are two PHP's installed on the Linux box.
> How to know which PHP is used by Apache?
>
> Another question is do Apache need PHP's binary to execute PHP Scripts? If
> yes what is the role of libphp5.so in Apache?
>
> Note: PHP is configured as module under Apache.
>
> Appreciate your thoughts.

The libphp5.so is the Apache module that links PHP into Apache. You need
this and PHP installed if you want to use PHP in Apache.

The module itself indicates what version of PHP Apache will be using.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Devendra Jadhav on
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Ashley Sheridan <ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk>wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 19:00 +0530, Devendra Jadhav wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> In the situation if there are two PHP's installed on the Linux box.
> How to know which PHP is used by Apache?
>
> Another question is do Apache need PHP's binary to execute PHP Scripts? If
> yes what is the role of libphp5.so in Apache?
>
> Note: PHP is configured as module under Apache.
>
> Appreciate your thoughts.
>

> The libphp5.so is the Apache module that links PHP into Apache. You need
> this and PHP installed if you want to use PHP in Apache.
>
> The module itself indicates what version of PHP Apache will be using.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

With my case both installation of PHP has version 5.x, so how to know which
PHP is being used?

--
Devendra Jadhav
देवेंद्र जाधव
From: Richard on
Hi,

> In the situation if there are two PHP's installed on the Linux box.
> How to know which PHP is used by Apache?
>
> Another question is do Apache need PHP's binary to execute PHP Scripts? If
> yes what is the role of libphp5.so in Apache?
>
> Note: PHP is configured as module under Apache.

This may help:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

--
Richard Heyes
HTML5 canvas graphing: RGraph - http://www.rgraph.net (updated 20th March)
From: Nilesh Govindarajan on
On 04/01/10 19:00, Devendra Jadhav wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In the situation if there are two PHP's installed on the Linux box.
> How to know which PHP is used by Apache?
>
> Another question is do Apache need PHP's binary to execute PHP Scripts? If
> yes what is the role of libphp5.so in Apache?
>
> Note: PHP is configured as module under Apache.
>
> Appreciate your thoughts.

First of all, libphp5.so is created during the php compilation process.
So it will use version of php with which it was compiled.

Also, I don't think php's binary is needed for execution of php scripts
is needed.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator