From: JB on
Hello Community

I have successfully created a C# Windows application with SQL Server in
the back end.

I have also successfully created an ASP.NET web application using C# and
SQL
Server in th back end.

Any more applications will be created with ASP.Net. I don't want to
rewrite the Windows application so I am curious, from the ASP.NET application
if I create a put a button or a link on the ASP.NET web application can I
launch
the C# Windows application from there and if so what is the command to
launch the C# Web application from the ASP.NET web application?

Thanks
Jeff
--
JB
From: Cubaman on
On Aug 27, 1:09 am, JB <J...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello Community
>
>     I have successfully created a C# Windows application with SQL Server in
> the back end.
>
>     I have also successfully created an ASP.NET web application using C# and
> SQL
> Server in th back end.
>
>     Any more applications will be created with ASP.Net.  I don't want to
> rewrite the Windows application so I am curious, from the ASP.NET application
> if I create a put a button or a link on the ASP.NET web application can I
> launch
> the C# Windows application from there and if so what is the command to
> launch the C# Web application from the ASP.NET web application?
>
>     Thanks
>     Jeff
> --
> JB

Hello:
I don't think it's possible. Imagine that anyone could launch an
application on your computer, like "format C: /q", what a security
flaw! If you absolutely need it, try with Activex or java applets.
Best regards

Pages: 1
Prev: CASTing a date
Next: Website Personalisation