From: Eric on
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load junk mails into outllook
express?
Under online hotmail option, I have set a list of rules for automatically
transfer email into junk folder, now when I open my outlook express 6, I am
no longer able to see them, does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve
this problem?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
From: N. Miller on
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:57:01 -0800, Eric wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load junk mails into outllook
> express?
> Under online hotmail option, I have set a list of rules for automatically
> transfer email into junk folder, now when I open my outlook express 6, I am
> no longer able to see them, does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve
> this problem?

It is no longer possible for MS Outlook Express to synchronize the Hotmail
folders. As of Sept. 1, 2009, you can only use POP3 access to Hotmail in
MSOE; and POP3 is not a synchronizing protocol. POP3 is only able to access
the Inbox contents, and download those.

The only way to access Windows Live Hotmail, and synchronize the local
folders to the server folders, is to use an email client which has the
"DeltaSync" protocol. And I only know of two: One is a add-on to MS Outlook,
that will not work with MSOE. The other is a replacement email client
offered by Microsoft: Windows Live Mail. Discussion of Windows Live Mail
takes place here:

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&cat=en_US_0405EAE1-3A5E-559F-59E6-B48513D5B57E&lang=en&cr=US>

I suggest you check out the posts there, and ask any questions specific to
Windows Live Mail there.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
The separate set of Hotmail-specific folders you're used to having in OE
(illustration:
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/i/tr/cms/contentPics/t01220030403shu01_C.gif)
are no longer available since WebDAV support ended on 01 Sept-09.

All of the folders remain available via the webmail page:
http://mail.live.com.

More FAQs here:
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/dav/archive/2009/05/04/frequently-asked-questions.aspx

If there's a message in, e.g., your Junk Mail folder that you need or want
in OE, Move the message to your inbox (i.e., on the webmail page). The next
time OE polls the account, the message will download into OE's Inbox folder.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: VanguardLH on
Eric wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load junk mails into outllook
> express? Under online hotmail option, I have set a list of rules for
> automatically transfer email into junk folder, now when I open my outlook
> express 6, I am no longer able to see them, does anyone have any
> suggestions on how to solve this problem?

The only access method to Hotmail that you have left in Outlook Express is
to use POP. Microsoft turned off their DAV access (and switched to
Deltasync) so the old HTTP/WebDAV protocol in OE doesn't work with Hotmail
anymore. POP is all you have left in OE to access a Hotmail account.

POP has no concept of folders. It only know of a maildrop (aka mailbox).
There are no commands within POP to select or navigate to folders in the
mailbox. All items in the one mailbox container is what POP can see. When
you use the webmail interface to your e-mail account, the Inbox is what a
POP client sees as the mailbox. Support for the folders construct were
added in IMAP.

If the e-mail isn't in the mailbox (which is the Inbox folder as seen when
using the webmail interface to your e-mail account), POP can't get at them.
It has no way to select some folder to find e-mails over there. If you have
server-side rules that move received e-mails out of the Inbox folder to some
other folder, or server-side spam filtering moves an e-mail out of the Inbox
folder into the Junk/Spam folder, then POP can't get at those moved e-mails.

Your POP client can only get at the Inbox webmail folder (the mailbox).
Anything moving into the Junk folder has been moved out of reach of POP.
From: miladr2021 on

"Eric" <Eric(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load junk mails into outllook
> express?
> Under online hotmail option, I have set a list of rules for automatically
> transfer email into junk folder, now when I open my outlook express 6, I
> am
> no longer able to see them, does anyone have any suggestions on how to
> solve
> this problem?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric