From: TW on
> Interesting as the PDF documentation that comes with the 2.15 update
> describes the "ON-F4, then ON-F3 followed by + & -" method. Is this
> HP's official way? I don't know, in the PDF's properties, the only
> reference is the author "wessman" ;).

That is the easier/better way, but i suppose there is a reset button
there for a reason. . .

I've never seen this situation described and can't see how it is
possible, but with a system this complex who knows. :-(

TW
From: Gurveer on
On Apr 15, 6:42 am, TW <timwess...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Interesting as the PDF documentation that comes with the 2.15 update
> > describes the "ON-F4, then ON-F3 followed by + & -" method. Is this
> > HP's official way? I don't know, in the PDF's properties, the only
> > reference is the author "wessman" ;).
>
> That is the easier/better way, but i suppose there is a reset button
> there for a reason. . .
>
> I've never seen this situation described and can't see how it is
> possible, but with a system this complex who knows. :-(
>
> TW

Holy freak!!!

Thanks a lot Tim. I just tried it this morning and it did work.
Awesome!!!

You just saved me a couple hundred bucks...lol.

I guess I did not have any problem using the reset hole and the + & -
hold keys. At first, when I tried it, it just showed a dark line on
the screen and I pulled the paper clip out expecting it to prompt for
the initiation of the upgrade process which it did not. The next time
I just kept it in for like 15 seconds with the mentioned keys held
down and all of a sudden, it prompted me to update code. Now, it's all
good.

Thank you once again!

Cheers!!!

Gurveer

From: John H Meyers on
Does disabling (hardware) interrupts prevent ON+x from working?

[r->] [OFF]

From: Gurveer on
On Apr 17, 8:59 pm, John H Meyers <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> Does disabling (hardware) interrupts prevent ON+x from working?
>
> [r->] [OFF]

I was kinda surprised at that behavior too. As long as the program was
running as a global variable, ON+x interrupts were working just fine.

But when that program was being executed as a $CONFIG for the library
attachment on every warmstart. it would just not let me do anything. On
+ (+/-) were working to change the contrast of the screen though,
surprisingly but none other combination except TTRC prompt which would
just make the program to be executed no matter what you choose on that
prompt were working including On+C, On+D, On+F, etc.

I'm glad that reset trick saved my life...lol

The same behavior was being observed on the emulator files. No matter
if I saved or did not save the changes upon closing the emulator, it
would just pop up again and again. I had to reinstall the Debug4x!

Gurveer
From: Han on
On Apr 18, 4:07 am, Gurveer <gurveer....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 17, 8:59 pm, John H Meyers <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Does disabling (hardware) interrupts prevent ON+x from working?
>
> > [r->] [OFF]
>
> I was kinda surprised at that behavior too. As long as the program was
> running as a global variable, ON+x interrupts were working just fine.
>
> But when that program was being executed as a $CONFIG for the library
> attachment on every warmstart. it would just not let me do anything.

I think this makes sense if the ROM is set up anything like the SX and
GX. Running it from a global variable implicitly means the routine is
being run in a controlled environment that traps key presses. If the
code runs during "bootup" and in particular during the library
configuring stage, there is no higher level of code that could trap
key presses. So if your code disables interrupts and has its own
keyboard handling routine, and there are no other higher layers of
operation, it does not surprise me that this is the net effect of a
bugged keyboard handler.