From: Joost Kraaijeveld on
Hi,

I am writing a multiplatform application (Linux/Windows) and want to use
XPM files as my source for icons and (button)bitmaps so that the files
can be replaced without compiling.

It works flawless on Linux, but on Windows I get a run-time error: "No
image handler for type 9 defined", if I use code like:

SetIcon(wxIcon(wxT("my_icon.xpm"),wxBITMAP_TYPE_XPM ));

I think that I have compiled in XPM support as there is a "#define
wxUSE_XPM 1" in my setup.h, which is generated by running "../configure
--enable-unicode" in MSys/MinGW.

Is there something special I should do to make XPM files work on
Windows?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

From: Chris Elliott on
you need to call wxInitAllImageHandlers()

http://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/wx/docs/html/wx/wx_appinifunctions.html#wxinitallimagehandlers

chris

From: Carsten A. Arnholm on

From: Carsten A. Arnholm on
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a multiplatform application (Linux/Windows) and want to
> use XPM files as my source for icons and (button)bitmaps so that the
> files can be replaced without compiling.
>
> It works flawless on Linux, but on Windows I get a run-time error: "No
> image handler for type 9 defined", if I use code like:
>
> SetIcon(wxIcon(wxT("my_icon.xpm"),wxBITMAP_TYPE_XPM ));
>

> I think that I have compiled in XPM support as there is a "#define
> wxUSE_XPM 1" in my setup.h, which is generated by running
> "../configure --enable-unicode" in MSys/MinGW.
>
> Is there something special I should do to make XPM files work on
> Windows?

Looks like you are trying to read from an XPM file. I use XPM on Windows and
Linux in a slightly different way. As XPM is just C/C++ code, I put it in a
header file and compile it like other code.

Then, it is a simple matter of

#include "icons_xpm.h"
..
..
wxIcon icon(icon16x16_xpm);

where icon16x16_xpm is defined in the "icons_xpm.h" header file.

--
Carsten A. Arnholm
http://arnholm.org/