From: r_z_aret on
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 02:31:10 +0100, "Larry" <dontmewithme(a)got.it>
wrote:

>How to make a Dialog resizable
>
>Hi,
>
> I am dealing with dialog window created usign ResEdit as a resource
>editor. Now, I'd need to make a window resizable and to have all the child
>controls in it resize themselves according to the dialog size. Can iy
>actually be done?

I do it all the time, but for multiple reasons, I can't share the
code.

Nothing very deep. Just a lot of grunt work. You need to handle
WM_SIZE messages for the dialog, get the dimensions of the dialog, and
then use MoveWindow and/or SetWindowPos to resize and move the
controls.

>This is the code for the dialog:
>
>[code]
>//
>// Dialog resources
>//
>
>IDD_POPUP DIALOG 25, 25, 485, 254
>STYLE DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_FIXEDSYS | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION |
>WS_SYSMENU
>CAPTION "List View Window"
>FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg"
>BEGIN
> CONTROL "", IDC_LIST1, WC_LISTVIEW, WS_TABSTOP | WS_BORDER |
>LVS_ALIGNLEFT | LVS_REPORT, 4294967294, 4294967295, 489, 230
>END
>[/code]
>
>thanks

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):