From: Trimble on
Can anybody please tell me how to open the plastic case of my CANNON BJ20
printer ?
Its jamming while printing & I need to get at its innards.
The case seems to just clip the top & bottom half's together ...I have
prized these open
as much as I can & removed the 3 screws from the bottom, but there is some
catch somewhere that will not allow the thing to come apart.
Yes I know its very old & 'basic' but it forfills my very occasional print
uses & is cheap to run
& very compact in the small corner I have the Comp. set up in.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Mouse

From: Grinder on
Trimble wrote:
> Can anybody please tell me how to open the plastic case of my CANNON BJ20
> printer ?
> Its jamming while printing & I need to get at its innards.
> The case seems to just clip the top & bottom half's together ...I have
> prized these open
> as much as I can & removed the 3 screws from the bottom, but there is some
> catch somewhere that will not allow the thing to come apart.
> Yes I know its very old & 'basic' but it forfills my very occasional print
> uses & is cheap to run
> & very compact in the small corner I have the Comp. set up in.

BC-20 is apparently Canon's designation for a black print cartridge that
fits multiple printers. What model of printer do you have?

http://www.tamlil2100.co.il/img/productImages/CANON/bc-20.jpg
From: Paul on
Grinder wrote:
> Trimble wrote:
>> Can anybody please tell me how to open the plastic case of my CANNON
>> BJ20 printer ?
>> Its jamming while printing & I need to get at its innards.
>> The case seems to just clip the top & bottom half's together ...I have
>> prized these open
>> as much as I can & removed the 3 screws from the bottom, but there is
>> some catch somewhere that will not allow the thing to come apart.
>> Yes I know its very old & 'basic' but it forfills my very occasional
>> print uses & is cheap to run
>> & very compact in the small corner I have the Comp. set up in.
>
> BC-20 is apparently Canon's designation for a black print cartridge that
> fits multiple printers. What model of printer do you have?
>
> http://www.tamlil2100.co.il/img/productImages/CANON/bc-20.jpg

I think this is his printer here. There isn't any info on removing the
bottom of it. Access seems to be mainly from the top of the unit.

http://downloadlibrary.usa.canon.com/cpr/pdf/Manuals/BJ20_user_manual.pdf

Paul
From: pen on
"Grinder" <grinder(a)no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
> Trimble wrote:
>> Can anybody please tell me how to open the plastic case of my
>> CANNON BJ20 printer ?
>> Its jamming while printing & I need to get at its innards.
>> The case seems to just clip the top & bottom half's together
>> ...I have prized these open
>> as much as I can & removed the 3 screws from the bottom, but
>> there is some catch somewhere that will not allow the thing to
>> come apart.
>> Yes I know its very old & 'basic' but it forfills my very
>> occasional print uses & is cheap to run
>> & very compact in the small corner I have the Comp. set up in.
>
> BC-20 is apparently Canon's designation for a black print
> cartridge that fits multiple printers. What model of printer do
> you have?
>
> http://www.tamlil2100.co.il/img/productImages/CANON/bc-20.jpg

The header is wrong, the text is correct. He has a BJ-20.
The manual is found here, but may not be much help.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=328&modelid=78#top

From: Paul on
Paul wrote:
> Grinder wrote:
>> Trimble wrote:
>>> Can anybody please tell me how to open the plastic case of my CANNON
>>> BJ20 printer ?
>>> Its jamming while printing & I need to get at its innards.
>>> The case seems to just clip the top & bottom half's together ...I
>>> have prized these open
>>> as much as I can & removed the 3 screws from the bottom, but there is
>>> some catch somewhere that will not allow the thing to come apart.
>>> Yes I know its very old & 'basic' but it forfills my very occasional
>>> print uses & is cheap to run
>>> & very compact in the small corner I have the Comp. set up in.
>>
>> BC-20 is apparently Canon's designation for a black print cartridge
>> that fits multiple printers. What model of printer do you have?
>>
>> http://www.tamlil2100.co.il/img/productImages/CANON/bc-20.jpg
>
> I think this is his printer here. There isn't any info on removing the
> bottom of it. Access seems to be mainly from the top of the unit.
>
> http://downloadlibrary.usa.canon.com/cpr/pdf/Manuals/BJ20_user_manual.pdf
>
> Paul

Nope, I got the wrong one. What exact printer is this again ?
(Somehow, my search on BC20 got turned into BJ20, somewhere along
the way.)

Paul
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2