From: Roger on
I have two different workbooks I would like to view at the same time. I would
also like to copy & paste cels from one spreadsheet to the other.

Under Winxp and earlier I could have two instances of Excel open at the same
time. Win-7 seems to prevent this.

The answers previously given do not apply to Win-7 as I cannot find the
options such as TOOLS so I can make changes.
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Hi Roger, you can have 2 instances of EXCEL running under Windows 7: I have
just tested it and it works OK and you can do exactly what you want to do.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

From: trip_to_tokyo on
If you go to the task bar (at the bottom of the screen) once you have opened
the 2 instances of EXCEL you will see them both in the task bar (one instance
will be slightly to the right of the first one).

From: trip_to_tokyo on
You might like to look at the brief video:-

http://www.pcw.co.uk/computeractive/video/2234088/windows-first-look

From: Gord Dibben on
Just curious about "do exactly what you want to do"

In earlier version when you had two instances of Excel running you could not
copy and paste formulas from one instance to the other.

Are you saying you now do this with Windows 7?

I would have thought the copy/paste would be Excel dependent, not OS
dependent.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP